2014/2015 DAAD Scholarships
The DAAD scholarship aims to fund and support foreign students, graduates, doctoral students, and young and early-stage researchers from developing countries who wish to study selected courses in a German university. The Scholarship Covers any of the following:
* Postgraduate courses for professionals from developing countries at German institutions of Higher education
* Duration: 12-24 months, depending on the particular institution
* Internationally recognised Master's degree
* Includes German Universities and "Fachhochschulen" (Universities of Applied Science)
* Support of selected programmes with a variety of full or partial scholarships
* Funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development) but admission is also open to self-financed participants or students financed through government or other sources
* Academic year 2014/2015
Prerequisites and Requirements
1. Prerequisites and Requirements Selection criteria and procedures for DAAD scholarship recipients ensure that
* priority target candidates have proven, development-related motivation and can be expected to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their careers, acting as agents of change who stimulate and support development in their personal and professional surroundings (motivation, commitment to development),
* the candidates have the professional and academic qualifications necessary to ensure successful completion of the degree programme in Germany (final scores on previous academic examinations, language skills),
* women and candidates from disadvantaged groups who meet the required academic and professional standards and show proven commitment to development-related issues are especially targeted for programme admission.
* targeted for programme admission.
a) The typical scholarship holder:
* works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country (according to the DAC list of the OECD) and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
* holds a Bachelor's degree (4 years) in a related subject.
* has completed an academic degree with far above average results and at least two years of related professional experience.
* is no older than 36 (for some courses the age limit is 32), respectively his/her academic degrees should normally not be more than 6 years old. Concerning a possible age limit, please refer to the course details on the following pages.
b) Language skills:
* For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly recommended.
* Exception: Candidates for some German-speaking or bilingual courses need a very good command of German at time of application. For detailed information see the relevant course introduction on the following pages.
* Note: It is not possible to pass the required German language courses (DSH or TestDaF) without any previous basic knowledge in the German language (at least A.2.1 Level), even with the preceding six-month, intensive course in Germany. Passing the language test is a formal prerequisite for graduating from the German university
* For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
c) Proof of current work situation: All applicants should state their current work situation at the time of application and submit the following proof: Certificate(s) of employment that include the exact position and period of employment; a letter of reference from the employer(s), ideally guaranteeing re-employment after completion of the postgraduate course in Germany.
d) Statement of motivation: Applicants must submit a statement of motivation explaining why they are interested in attending a particular postgraduate course with reference to their current employment.
e) Application formalities: If you have no private financial resources or cannot obtain a scholarship from your government, company or an international organisation, you may apply for a DAAD scholarship – either full or partial. DAAD application forms are available from the German Embassies, the DAAD offices abroad, directly from the University or on the DAAD website. Applications from Cameroon, Myanmar and Nigeria must be submitted via the German Embassy. Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate, as well as 2 address labels written in Chinese characters with their application documents. Please be sure to address applications sent to the DAAD directly to DAAD Section 431! Required documents (in the following order):
* DAAD application form (http://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/en/deutschland/formulare/forschungsstipendium_en.pdf)
* hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
* hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
* research exposé (if required by university)
* academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
* professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
* confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
* Proof of language abilities: - English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted) – German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- মাস্টার্স শেষ পর্ব পরীক্ষার সময়সূচি প্রকাশ
- এইচএসসি পরীক্ষা স্থগিত
- জগন্নাথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে সার্টিফিকেট কোর্স- ইংলিশ, চাইনিজ, আরবি, ফ্রেঞ্চ
- বাংলাদেশ মেডিকেল এন্ড ডেন্টাল কাউন্সিল-বিজ্ঞপ্তি
- বরিশাল বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের ভর্তি পরীক্ষা ২৭ ও ২৮ ডিসেম্বর
- খুবির ৬ষ্ঠ সমাবর্তন ২২ ডিসেম্বর
- জবির সমাবর্তন ১১ জানুয়ারি
- জবিতে শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির সাক্ষাৎকার শুরু ২০ ডিসেম্বর
- রাবিতে আন্তর্জাতিক ছায়া জাতিসংঘ সম্মেলন শুরু বৃহস্পতিবার
- অনার্স তৃতীয় বর্ষের পরীক্ষা শুরু ১৩ জানুয়ারি; মাস্টার্স রিলিজ স্লিপ আবেদন শুরু ১৯ ডিসেম্বর
- ডিজিটাল মেলা-২০২০ উপলক্ষে টেলিকমিউনিকেশন দফতরের রচনা প্রতিযোগিতা
- ঢাকা পলিটেকনিকে জানুয়ারি-জুন’২০ সেশনে বিভিন্ন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- জেএসসি-পিইসির ফল বছরের শেষ দিন
- ৪০তম বিসিএস: লিখিত পরীক্ষা ৪-৮ জানুয়ারি
- তিতুমীর কলেজের সুবর্ণজয়ন্তী উৎসবের নিবন্ধন শেষ আজ