Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program
The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan.
It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB's developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Programs covered by the ADB-JSP are postgraduate studies in economics, management, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
Only programs at the 20 participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Regions are eligible for ADB-JSP funding.
The ADB-JSP provides full tuition fees, a monthly subsistence and housing allowance, an allowance for books and instructional materials, medical insurance, and travel expenses.
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
The scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute. The maximum duration of scholarship award is two years for masters and doctorate programs.
1. A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
2. Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution .
3. A bachelor's degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
4. At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
5. Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
6. In good health.
7. Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
8. Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
9. Staff of academic institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
10. Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
11. ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
12. ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
The procedure in applying for ADB-JSP Scholarships is outlined below:
1. Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen Academic Institution(s. Applicants are encouraged to access various resources, including the institutions' websites and handbooks, and institution information sessions held in-country, to assist them in making an informed decision on the academic institution and course they wish to undertake.
2. Applicants should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation. Failure to do so may result in an application not being processed or to an award being terminated if documentation or information provided is later determined to be false. Applicants are required to submit their latest Income Tax Return or Certification of their Annual Salary/Monthly Salary, whichever is available. They should also submit a Certification of Family Income (Parent's Income).
3. The academic institution will screen and rank the applicants, based on its own selection criteria, keeping in view the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the ADB. In the evaluation process, the academic institution may contact the candidates for further information. The academic institution will then submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB, including a description of the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
4. ADB will review the submission from the academic institutions and recommend awardees based on the selection criteria of ADB to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
5. Upon approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB will advise academic institutions on the successful candidates.
6. The academic institution will inform all applicants of the outcome of the selection process and begin to make arrangements for the awardees take up their scholarships.
7. The academic institutions will arrange for the signing of the Acceptance of Scholarship Award by awardee wherein the scholars agree that after completion of their study, they will return to their home country.
8. ADB will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to each scholar.
No separate application to ADB is necessary. Send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies. Please refer to the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
For more information please visit - http://www.adb.org/site/careers/japan-scholarship-program/main শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- মাস্টার্স শেষ পর্ব পরীক্ষার সময়সূচি প্রকাশ
- এইচএসসি পরীক্ষা স্থগিত
- জগন্নাথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে সার্টিফিকেট কোর্স- ইংলিশ, চাইনিজ, আরবি, ফ্রেঞ্চ
- বাংলাদেশ মেডিকেল এন্ড ডেন্টাল কাউন্সিল-বিজ্ঞপ্তি
- বরিশাল বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের ভর্তি পরীক্ষা ২৭ ও ২৮ ডিসেম্বর
- খুবির ৬ষ্ঠ সমাবর্তন ২২ ডিসেম্বর
- জবির সমাবর্তন ১১ জানুয়ারি
- জবিতে শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির সাক্ষাৎকার শুরু ২০ ডিসেম্বর
- রাবিতে আন্তর্জাতিক ছায়া জাতিসংঘ সম্মেলন শুরু বৃহস্পতিবার
- অনার্স তৃতীয় বর্ষের পরীক্ষা শুরু ১৩ জানুয়ারি; মাস্টার্স রিলিজ স্লিপ আবেদন শুরু ১৯ ডিসেম্বর
- ডিজিটাল মেলা-২০২০ উপলক্ষে টেলিকমিউনিকেশন দফতরের রচনা প্রতিযোগিতা
- ঢাকা পলিটেকনিকে জানুয়ারি-জুন’২০ সেশনে বিভিন্ন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- জেএসসি-পিইসির ফল বছরের শেষ দিন
- ৪০তম বিসিএস: লিখিত পরীক্ষা ৪-৮ জানুয়ারি
- তিতুমীর কলেজের সুবর্ণজয়ন্তী উৎসবের নিবন্ধন শেষ আজ