OFID Scholarship of OPEC Fund for Bangladeshi Students
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) will offer $50,000 scholarship awards to students from member developing countries pursuing their master's degree in 2013/2014.
The Scholarship is open to those students who wish to pursue studies in a relevant field of Development or Energy Studies such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution's own standard medical scheme.
A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student's own personal bank account on a quarterly basis.
Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant, equal to two-month allowance. OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student's place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) Scholarship Award sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries through graduate studies in a development-related discipline. The 2012 OFID Scholars are Ms. Michelle Palacios, Guatemala, who is studying at the University Complutense de Madrid in Spain to pursue a Master's in Environmental Development; Ms. Ana Potoroca, Moldova; who is pursuing her Master's in Development Economics at the University of Sussex, England; and, Mr. Keith Mudadi, Zimbabwe, who is studying at London University's School of Oriental and African Studies for a Master's in Development.
Qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master's degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2013. The OFID Scholarship will be awarded to support students or candidates for Master's degree studies. The applicant must be from a developing country, and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master's (graduate) degree in any recognized university/college in the world. The Scholarship is open to those students who wish to pursue studies in a relevant field of Development or Energy Studies. Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly-driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers - the cost of graduate studies. The winner of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a tuition support of up to US$50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master's degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2013.
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2013, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master's Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (please see list of eligible countries below)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID's core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Applications are done online. Make sure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria before you apply. The application deadline is 1 May 2013.
- A completed on-line application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant's passport.
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master's degree program (must not exceed one year).
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay - of about 500 words in English - giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master's degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant's present university.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- STEP 1: Ensure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria.
- STEP 2: Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- STEP 3: Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- STEP 4: Upload necessary documents; CV, two recommendation letters, Bachelor's certificate/transcript, acceptance letter into postgraduate program and essay.
- STEP 5: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
Only the winner will be notified by June 13, 2013 via OFID website at
Please do not call or email OFID to see if your application has been received (you will, in any case, receive an automated confirmation) or to inquire about your status. Only the winner will be notified by 13 June 2013 at OFID's website.
For more information about this scholarship please visit scholarship.ofid.info শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- মাস্টার্স শেষ পর্ব পরীক্ষার সময়সূচি প্রকাশ
- এইচএসসি পরীক্ষা স্থগিত
- জগন্নাথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে সার্টিফিকেট কোর্স- ইংলিশ, চাইনিজ, আরবি, ফ্রেঞ্চ
- বাংলাদেশ মেডিকেল এন্ড ডেন্টাল কাউন্সিল-বিজ্ঞপ্তি
- বরিশাল বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের ভর্তি পরীক্ষা ২৭ ও ২৮ ডিসেম্বর
- খুবির ৬ষ্ঠ সমাবর্তন ২২ ডিসেম্বর
- জবির সমাবর্তন ১১ জানুয়ারি
- জবিতে শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির সাক্ষাৎকার শুরু ২০ ডিসেম্বর
- রাবিতে আন্তর্জাতিক ছায়া জাতিসংঘ সম্মেলন শুরু বৃহস্পতিবার
- অনার্স তৃতীয় বর্ষের পরীক্ষা শুরু ১৩ জানুয়ারি; মাস্টার্স রিলিজ স্লিপ আবেদন শুরু ১৯ ডিসেম্বর
- ডিজিটাল মেলা-২০২০ উপলক্ষে টেলিকমিউনিকেশন দফতরের রচনা প্রতিযোগিতা
- ঢাকা পলিটেকনিকে জানুয়ারি-জুন’২০ সেশনে বিভিন্ন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- জেএসসি-পিইসির ফল বছরের শেষ দিন
- ৪০তম বিসিএস: লিখিত পরীক্ষা ৪-৮ জানুয়ারি
- তিতুমীর কলেজের সুবর্ণজয়ন্তী উৎসবের নিবন্ধন শেষ আজ