SureCash to Ensure Delivery of Stipend to Mothers
SureCash is going to disburse the government's Tk. 1400 crore stipend money to 1.30 crore primary school students across the country. Sure cash will ensure the delivery of money to the hands of mothers of students as a pilot.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is likely to inaugurate this innovative program on March 01, 2017 which will ensure quick and transparent disbursement of stipend money. All necessary measures have already been completed to start the disbursement of stipend money, bank officials said.
SureCash is the leading payment platform for mobile phone users in Bangladesh developed by local software professionals. The service works with 350 payment partners and more than 41000 retail agents. Through Sure Cash mobile banking, Rupali Bank will transfer stipend money of students to the mobile account of their mothers. Sure Cash has opened thousands of agents to ensure smooth and quick disbursement of stipend money.
"For the first time, the stipend money will be disbursed to the hands of mothers of students through mobile banking accounts. It's a revolution", said Md. Ataur rahman Prodhan, Managing Director and CEO of Rupali Bank. Each student will get Tk. 300/- as stipend on quarterly basis. Nearly one crore mothers have already submitted their papers to mobile bank accounts to receive the stipend funds for their children.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account Benefit"We are now waiting for the green signal from the honorable Prime Minister to unveil this innovative program to deliver stipend money to hands of thousands of mothers across the country", said Dr. Shahdat Khan, CEO of Sure Cash. "No fees would be charged for this service from mothers like other mobile banking services", Dr. Khan said.
Earlier, the stipend money was disbursed through other channels which received widespread criticism for various anomalies. Disbursement of stipend money through mobile banking will help students to receive cash from their homes.
Submit Your Comments:
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC Mar-2017
- LCMC course admission February 2017 at IBA, DU
- Six-week LCMC course admission Feb 2017 at IBA, DU
- Two-day certificate courses Jan-2017 starts at IBA, DU
- Two-day certificate course Jan-2017 starts at IBA, DU
- IBA, DU offering four-week RMC course
- DU rokeya hall alumni association reunion Nov 25
- Kamil (Masters) exam results published under IU
- NU Master's admission merit list on Nov 10
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC Nov-2016
- First merit list of Hons 1st year admission in NU
- BICM offers 3 certificate training programs
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC November-2016
- CoU 1st year application deadline extended
- BSMRSTU 1st year admission deadline extended