Launch Your Career - Apply for an Internship at Google
"We don't just want you to have a great job. We want you to have a great life. We provide you with everything you need to be productive and happy on and off the clock," says Larry Page, CEO of Google. Yes, Google Provides Internship opportunities for the students, But not for Asian students. But you may have already known that, Google recruited students from BUET, NSU, AIUB in Bangladesh. So, we are discussing about Google internship process and hiring process.
This year Google introduced STEP (Summer Trainee Engineering Program) internships for engineering students who have completed the first year of their university studies. Applications for the 2013 STEP internships (formerly Engineering Trainee Summer Program) are now open.
To apply for Internship
The application for Summer 2013 is now open! Please apply here by December 28, 2012.
Important: As part of the application process, you must submit your answers to the following essay question in the 'Cover Letter' section of the application. For your convenience, please copy and paste the essay question prompts into the 'Cover Letter' section of the application, and submit your response in the same 'Cover Letter' section.
Essay Question: In 200 words or less, please tell us about a technical project you worked on outside of your studies. Please note that if any items in your application are missing, it will be considered incomplete.
Google's Hiring Process
On the other hand, Google is looking for get-things-done, problem solvers who are excited about tackling major challenges at scale. Candidates can meet with a variety of Googlers so that they can get to know candidates - and what makes them unique - and they can get to know Google in return.
Preparing Your CV/Resume
Your resume is very first impression of you. To make sure that you present yourself as best as possible.
* Submit your resume in PDF or Microsoft Word formats. Text formats are also acceptable.
* All resumes and related materials (transcripts, portfolios, etc.) should be submitted in English.
* Include only essential personal information: email, phone, city, and state of residence. Also, be sure to include your name and how to contact you in the resume, not just your cover letter.
* Do NOT include your gender, date of birth, age, family status, military status, citizenship status or personal identification numbers.
* If you use acronyms, spell them out once unless they are well known in industry.
* Make sure your CV/resume accurately reflects your academic achievements and accomplishments.
* Include the full name of all post-secondary institutions attended, degrees conferred, and a cumulative grade point average (if available) for each degree received.
* Report your college/university-level education. However, feel free to include any "year abroad" programs as part of your pre-university education.
* Provide a brief description of projects you completed related to the position for which you are applying.
* Even if you're fresh out of college of university, Google will want to know what skills you've acquired along the way. They'll look closely at the work experience section of your resume, so the information you provide here is very important.
* Provide your job title, employer name and dates of employment.
* Provide a brief description of the companies you have worked for especially if they are not well known.
* Provide your specific "key accomplishments" in each role.
* Include bulleted, concise, and specific key accomplishments and the impact your efforts had on your company. For engineering resumes, please include the programming languages and tools used for each.
* Mention any of your jobs while attending college/university, either during the summer or concurrent with your coursework, even if it isn't specifically related to a potential job at Google.
* Customize your resume by highlighting the skills that are relevant to the position.
* Tell Google what makes you unique! Google values talent and intelligence, group spirit and diversity, creativity and idealism. Googlers range from former neurosurgeons and puzzle champions to alligator wrestlers and Lego maniacs.
* Include any awards received, articles published, conference presentations given, or professional organizations you are involved in (ie. SWE, IEEE, ACM, etc.). We don't need to see copies of awards or publications, just a reference to them.
* You can also include personal projects related to the position.
Preparing for Your Interview
As you prepare for your interview, don't stress. Why sweat the small stuff when you can change the world, challenge the status quo, impact millions of peoples' lives? We're doing this every day and want to enlist as many people as possible in our quest to do more.
How We Interview
At Google, every candidate goes through both manager and peer interviews. While conventional interviews normally have a single hiring manager make or break a hiring decision, Google values both peer and manager feedback. In fact, candidates also interview with at least one Googler who works in a completely different department to ensure that we're hiring someone who is a great fit for the company overall.
Here are some general tips to follow as you prepare for your interview:
* Know what interests you about Google and why you've applied.
* Get to know Google's products and services. Research Google's competitors.
* If you are interviewing for a software engineering or technical role, be ready to answer high-level technical questions on data-structures and algorithms. We would like you to code up your answers on boards with our engineers.
* Familiarize yourself with the job description you are interested in.
* If you are interviewing for a software engineering role then you may first want to visit the website www.topcoder.com. Please launch the "Arena" widget and go to the practice rooms where you can solve problems in the first and second division.
* Make sure that you substantiate anything your CV/resume says - for instance, if you list Java or Haskell as your key programming language, questions about this are fair game and may be asked of you.
For other information visit This Link.শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- আল-আজহার বৃত্তির জন্য মনোনীতদের মৌখিক পরীক্ষা ২৩ জুলাই
- ২য় বর্ষ ডিগ্রি পাস ও সার্টিফিকেট কোর্সের স্থগিত পরীক্ষার নতুন সংশোধিত সময়সূচি
- সরকারি-বেসরকারি পলিটেকনিকে শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির আহ্বান
- আন্তর্জাতিক হিফ্য ও ক্বিরাত প্রতিযোগিতায় নারীদের অংশগ্রহনের আহ্বান
- 'স্টেপেন্ডিয়াম হাঙ্গেরিকাম প্রোগ্রাম' বৃত্তির জন্য নির্বাচিতদের তালিকা প্রকাশ
- চার বছর মেয়াদী সরকারি কৃষি ডিপ্লোমায় ভর্তি আবেদন শুরু হয়েছে
- NSU offers CJP Course in Fall'19
- ইউএপি'র ৯ম সমাবর্তন ৩১ জুলাই
- Admission Announcement on FRS Training of 2nd Batch at DU
- বাংলাদেশ বিজ্ঞান ও শিল্প পরিষদে প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি
- গাইবান্ধা জেলার দরিদ্র শিক্ষার্থীদের বৃত্তি প্রদান করবে নাহিদ ফাউন্ডেশন
- A Four-Friday Course On DMC Offer By IBA, DU
- সম্পূর্ণ সরকারি খরচে মোটরযান ড্রাইভিং ও রক্ষণাবেক্ষন প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে সেইপ
- ঢাবিতে আরবি বিভাগে 'বেসিক এরাবিক' কোর্সে ভর্তি কার্যক্রম শুরু
- Training Course on Data Analysis at DU