Prevent Child marriage; proper application of law and awareness should be created
Early marriage is a common disorder in Bangladesh. In order to achieve Millennium Development Goal, where different remedies are being taken, there can be no conscious citizen's desire to have a different view of child marriage and its consequences. So, everyone will have to come forward to overcome this situation. Some of the steps that are effective in preventing child marriage are discussed below:
The government has to play the most effective role in this case. Because the government is flexible and preventing child marriage, it is possible to prevent child marriage very much.Our good will to prevent child marriage. Therefore, awareness will be created to prevent child marriage.
Enough steps should be taken to remove poverty. Because most of the poor child marriage influence among those poor. Again, those who have come out of poverty do not try to give up in childhood. A poor girl is considered to be a burden in the poor family and is trying to get married faster.
In the village it is said that the girl should be given marriage as soon as she is a woman. As a result, the number of child marriage is increasing. Therefore, it is necessary to remove the ill-treatment like dowry, illiteracy and prejudice from the society.
Our media will also have to do effective work. The media will have to do more important work than the point of view of social responsibility. Through various case studies in newspapers and electronic media, various programs such as plays, movies, talk shows etc. Will have to be strengthened.
Although child marriage has been reduced drastically, many families continue the practice by producing fake birth certificates.
In fact, Bangladesh has many successes in social sectors, but sadly it has the fourth highest rate of child marriage in the world. According to UNICEF, “52 percent of country’s girls are married before the age of 18. Early marriage causes girls to drop out of education and limits their opportunities for social interaction.”
Human Rights Watch (HRW) recently reported that child marriage in Bangladesh is deeply destructive to the lives of married girls and their families; it pushes girls out of school, leaves them mired in poverty, heightens the risk of domestic violence, and carries grave health risks for girls and their babies due to early pregnancy.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account BenefitMarriage of girls before the age of 18 and men before 21 is treated as child marriage, which is strictly prohibited by law in Bangladesh. It is a punishable offence for the organizers of child marriage including parents, registering entities and related persons.Achieving gender equality and empowerment of women are the most important goals for prevent child marriage.
To implement the following recommendations for the prevention of child marriage, all concerned including guardians, political leaders, civil society, and administration will have to work together. Child marriage will be forced to abolish the society and country. Our expectations are that the concerned people will take visible steps to implement the recommendations.
1. Girls need to be educated, so that after the end of the job there is a job guarantee.
2. One of the major reasons for falling out of educational institutions is child marriage. In this case, effective action will be taken.
3. It is important that women should not be discriminated against in education, jobs, and so on. It is important to be considered seriously.
4. NGOs work separately. The government and the NGO should focus on working together.
5. If the poor people get easy legal remedies, then necessary action will be taken.
Consciousness and education will play the most effective role in preventing child marriage. Because when everyone is aware, everyone can play role in preventing child marriage.
Education is also essential for women. Educated women can be vocal against all irregularities in the society. When women are aware of their rights, then people around them will sit at least. They will think of imposing something. Now the time has come for women to understand their rights. Although in our patriarchal society, women are lagging behind the authority of authority, women will have to come out of this system themselves. Women will have an effective role to prevent child marriage. Being educated and self-reliant without being burdened in the family.
In total, everyone will have to come forward to stop child marriage and make parents aware, take different steps. Child marriage can be prevented.
More detail about
BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology
Submit Your Comments:
- BIM Training Courses in February 2019
- ন্যাশনাল হোটেল এন্ড ট্যুরিজম ইন্সটিটিউটে বিভিন্ন সার্টিফিকেট কোর্সে ভর্তির আহ্বান
- ঢাবিতে আরবি ভাষা শিক্ষা কোর্সে আবেদন শুরু
- ঢাবিতে সামাজিক বিজ্ঞানে উচ্চতর গবেষণা পদ্ধতি বিষয়ক প্রশিক্ষণ
- রবীন্দ্র বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের স্নাতক ভর্তির বিষয়ক্রম পছন্দের ফরম ওয়েবসাইটে
- মেডিক্যালের ৩য় দফায় মাইগ্রেশন এবং অপেক্ষামান তালিকা থেকে ভর্তি শুরু ৯ জানুয়ারি
- জাবির তৃতীয় ধাপে ভর্তি নিশিচিকরণের পর শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির আবেদন গ্রহণ ৯ জানুয়ারি
- ক্যাটারিং পেশায় দক্ষতা বৃদ্ধিতে বিমান ফ্লাইট ক্যাটারিং সেন্টারের প্রশিক্ষণ
- বিজ্ঞান ও শিল্প গবেষণা পরিষদের অধীন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি
- রবীন্দ্র বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের স্নাতক ভর্তি সাক্ষাৎকার ১৩ ও ১৪ জানুয়ারি
- Admission Announcement on FRS Training at DU
- বাংলা একাডেমীর ৮৬তম কম্পিউটার প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তির আহ্বান
- মাস্টার্স নিয়মিত ভর্তির রিলিজ স্লিপে আবেদন শুরু ৭ জানুয়ারি
- NIMC Offers Training course on 'Non Linear Video Editing
- কানাডিয়ান ইউনিভার্সিটিতে বসন্তকালীন সেমিস্টারে ভর্তি কার্যক্রম শুরু