BSMRSTU is Country's Fifth Largest University
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University (BSMRSTU) is the country's fifth-largest university according to the number of seats.
The academic activity was started in 2011, although the university's foundation stone was laid in 2001. The university was started its journey with a total of 160 students in 5 departments, 32 in each department under four faculties in its own campus on the academic session 2011-12.
A total of 2207 students will be admitted in this academic year 2016-17 and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University is the country's 5th largest university according to the seat number.
Dhaka University is in the first position with around 6800 seats, Chittagong University is in the second position with almost 4900 seats, Rajshahi University is ranked third with almost 4100 seats, and Jagannath University is in the fourth position with almost 2900 seats.
On the other hand, the newly established Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University is in the fifth position with 2207 seats and first among the science and technology universities. And the Jahangirnagar University is in the sixth position with around 2100 seats.
The university has been launched on 55 acres of land. Modern laboratory has been established to ensure quality education for students. High-speed internet (broadband and Wi-Fi) connection has been given. In addition, English Language Club was established to make students proficient in English.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account BenefitA project contains Tk. 91 crore has been passed through ECNEC on November 24, 2009 to build infrastructures of the University. Recently, a proposal of further development project contains Tk. 105 crore has been approved to build other infrastructures. The implementation period for the project is from 2014 to 2017.
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University teachers, officers and employees led by the Vice-Chancellor are working relentlessly to build the university as one of the best educational institution in the country. 10-year long plan has been adopted targeting the Prime Minister declared Vision-2021 to build a Digital Bangladesh. A target has also been set to launch 32 departments gradually within next 10 years.
Two more research institute will be opened. The institutes will add a new dimension to the field of education and research in the country. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University is working with the aim of creating skilled engineers and technicians.
More detail about
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University
Submit Your Comments:
- এন.ইউ’র মাস্টার্স (নিয়মিত) ভর্তির রিলিজ স্লিপের আবেদন শুরু ২১ মার্চ
- ICAB Notice on Professional Examinations
- Advanced Course on Research Methodology 8th Batch at DU
- ২০১৪-১৫ শিক্ষাবর্ষ ১ম পর্ব মাস্টার্স (প্রাইভেট) প্রোগ্রামে রেজিস্ট্রেশন বিজ্ঞপ্তি
- The 1st Convocation of BUFT will be held in last week of July
- The 6th Convocation of SEU to be held on 21 March 2017
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on AFNA March 2017
- Admission in Training Course on GIS at DU March 2017
- ৩ এপ্রিল শুরু হচ্ছে মাষ্টার্স শেষপর্বের পরীক্ষা
- Admission going on summer-2017- South Asian Versity
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC Mar-2017
- LCMC course admission February 2017 at IBA, DU
- Six-week LCMC course admission Feb 2017 at IBA, DU
- Two-day certificate courses Jan-2017 starts at IBA, DU