BSMRSTU is Country's Fifth Largest University
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University (BSMRSTU) is the country's fifth-largest university according to the number of seats.
The academic activity was started in 2011, although the university's foundation stone was laid in 2001. The university was started its journey with a total of 160 students in 5 departments, 32 in each department under four faculties in its own campus on the academic session 2011-12.
A total of 2207 students will be admitted in this academic year 2016-17 and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University is the country's 5th largest university according to the seat number.
Dhaka University is in the first position with around 6800 seats, Chittagong University is in the second position with almost 4900 seats, Rajshahi University is ranked third with almost 4100 seats, and Jagannath University is in the fourth position with almost 2900 seats.
On the other hand, the newly established Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University is in the fifth position with 2207 seats and first among the science and technology universities. And the Jahangirnagar University is in the sixth position with around 2100 seats.
The university has been launched on 55 acres of land. Modern laboratory has been established to ensure quality education for students. High-speed internet (broadband and Wi-Fi) connection has been given. In addition, English Language Club was established to make students proficient in English.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account BenefitA project contains Tk. 91 crore has been passed through ECNEC on November 24, 2009 to build infrastructures of the University. Recently, a proposal of further development project contains Tk. 105 crore has been approved to build other infrastructures. The implementation period for the project is from 2014 to 2017.
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University teachers, officers and employees led by the Vice-Chancellor are working relentlessly to build the university as one of the best educational institution in the country. 10-year long plan has been adopted targeting the Prime Minister declared Vision-2021 to build a Digital Bangladesh. A target has also been set to launch 32 departments gradually within next 10 years.
Two more research institute will be opened. The institutes will add a new dimension to the field of education and research in the country. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology University is working with the aim of creating skilled engineers and technicians.
More detail about
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University
Submit Your Comments:
- Six-week LCMC course admission Feb 2017 at IBA, DU
- Two-day certificate courses Jan-2017 starts at IBA, DU
- Two-day certificate course Jan-2017 starts at IBA, DU
- IBA, DU offering four-week RMC course
- DU rokeya hall alumni association reunion Nov 25
- Kamil (Masters) exam results published under IU
- NU Master's admission merit list on Nov 10
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC Nov-2016
- First merit list of Hons 1st year admission in NU
- BICM offers 3 certificate training programs
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC November-2016
- CoU 1st year application deadline extended
- BSMRSTU 1st year admission deadline extended
- SUST 1st year admission application starts Oct 16
- Application deadline of NSTU admission extended