DIU Win Stop Not "Golpo Chalao, Film Banao" Film Festival
The journey of Stop Not "Golpo Chalao, Film Banao" Film Festival began in September 2014. Inspired by their tagline "Chalay Jao", campaigns were launched at 10 universities. The gala event was held on November 29, 2014 at Blockbuster Cinemas in Dhaka.
Stories were developed by linking many small ideas together at the university sessions. Over a hundred story-lines were formed, out of which the ten best were made into digital short films and featured at the final event. An integral part of the entire process was prominent writer and journalist Anisul Haque.
"I would like to thank each and every person involved with this wonderful initiative. The films show a lot of promise. I urge you all, young people, to not stop and carry on with such endeavors", he said in his commencement speech. The venue filled out thanks to the presence of all the participants. The finalist ten films were put on show, each around 8 to 10 minutes. They were distinctive in their own way but each linked to the next film. The themes ranged from love and heartbreak to everyday issues such as the traffic jam situation in Dhaka city.
Stop Not, the snack brand, managed to promote itself in all of the films through effective product placement. However, the cameo roles played by popular TV artists Sumon Patwary, Mishu Sabbir and others raised the interest and were a treat to watch. Among the guests present were the members of the jury - Amitabh Reza Chowdhury, producer and director at Half Stop Down; Gousul Alam Shaon, Managing Director at GREY Advertising Bangladesh Limited; Sania Mahmood, Head of Marketing at Perfetti Van Melle Bangladesh. Notable media personalities Faridur Reza Sagar, Tauquir Ahmed and Adil Hossain Noble were present as special guests. The chief guest of the event was renowned actor and Minister for Cultural Affairs, Asaduzzaman Noor.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account BenefitFaridur Reza Sagar expressed his amazement at the talent that was evident through this platform. He requested the participants to jointly make a tele-film for the next Independence Day (on March 26), which he promised would be taken care of by Impress Telefilm Ltd.
The chief guest stated that the films were the highlight of his day. "To see these young minds develop such brilliant ideas in under 10 minutes is amazing. All the short films were made in the most professional of manners. Had I known earlier, I might've acted in a few myself", said an exuberant Asaduzzaman Noor. In his "thank you" speech, Rajesh Ramakrishnan, Managing Director of Perfetti Van Melle Bangladesh, mentioned the core reasons behind such a campaign. He said, "We wanted the youth of Bangladesh to connect with our tagline 'Chalay Jao' which means to carry on, and they have carried on with the wonderful stories that were on show today. This was a challenge as well as a platform for them and they have proved themselves, so I congratulate them all."
The Critics' Choice Award for Best Actress and Best Actor went to Simran Dhar of BRAC University and Amit Jahidi Himel of University of Dhaka respectively. "Prottaborton" from Stamford University won the Best Story award while Jahangirnagar University's "Bunophool" clinched the title of the Best Film. Based on social media votes, the Popular Choice Award for Best Film went to "Firey Esho Faria" from Daffodil International University. The night was still young as D-RockStar Shuvo took to the stage and played a few popular numbers for the crowd. And with the hope that the youth of this country will come forward with many more unique ideas, the event took its curtain call.
Submit Your Comments:
- বিইউবিটির চতুর্থ সমাবর্তন ১০ অক্টোবর
- ইস্টার্ন ইউনিভার্সিটির ৬ষ্ঠ সমাবর্তন ১৬ নভেম্বর
- নির্মাণ শিল্পে দক্ষতা তৈরিতে রিহাব ও সেইপের যৌথ প্রশিক্ষণ কর্মসূচী
- 'ইসলামী শিক্ষা'র ওপর বিভিন্ন কোর্সে অংশগ্রহণের জন্য বাংলাদেশীদের আহ্বান ইরানের
- ঢাবিতে জনসংখ্যা বিজ্ঞানে ৩ মাস মেয়াদী ডিপ্লোমা কোর্সে ভর্তি
- নির্মাণ শিল্পে দক্ষতা তৈরিতে বিএসিআই ও ব্রাকের যৌথ প্রশিক্ষণ কর্মসূচী
- EWU offer Post Graduate Diploma in Leather and Footwear Management
- মাস্টার্স ১ম পর্ব পরীক্ষার ফরম পূরণের নতুন বিজ্ঞপ্তি প্রকাশ
- ঢাবির আধুনিক ভাষা ইনস্টিটিউটে আরবি, ইংরেজী এবং ফরাসি ভাষা কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- 24 weeks long ACBA course offers by IBA, DU
- উন্নত কারিগরি দক্ষতাসম্পন্ন জনশক্তি সৃষ্টির লক্ষ্যে বিটাকের প্রশিক্ষণ
- IBA, DU Offering six week long certificate course on AFNA
- জাপান সরকারের মেক্সিট বৃত্তির জন্য মনোনীতদের তালিকা প্রকাশ
- গার্মেন্টস শিল্পে দক্ষতা বৃদ্ধিতে বিনামূল্যে প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে বিকেএমইএ
- যুব উন্নয়ন অধিদফতরের অধীন বিভিন্ন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি বিজ্ঞপ্তি