Make the Right Career Move: Career Decisions
It is very important to take the right decisions to built your career. life is not as easy as most people say it is, in order for you to understand/live life in a nice fulfilling way you have to take some time off and be by your own, no disturbance by your side. Even your career choice will not be bad at all.
Making a good career choice is actually about a lot more than choosing a job; it's about choosing something that will provide you with the lifestyle you seek. Don't decide until you're ready. Although this seems obvious advice, too many young people feel pressured into making a choice before they are really sure of what it is they want to do. In fact, many young people don't even know who they are, let alone what they want to become! If you need time, take off a year or two to go and discover yourself and what you're good at. School doesn't teach you a lot of life skills - life does. Many successful people take off time to slowly work out what it is that makes them tick and brings them fulfillment.
Instead of trying to narrow down your options, it can be helpful to keep open as many options as possible within your chosen trade, profession, or field of expertise. That way, you gain maneuverability and flexibility as you and the job change. For example, if you want to be a marine biologist, why not consider also taking a course in photography and writing, so that you can write or photograph stories about what is under the sea on a freelance basis. Keeping open your options might mean a little extra study but it will be worth it in the long run when you gain increased flexibility.
Even if you are well into your chosen course, training, internship, or induction for your career, and find that you are always relying on your less strong attributes, it pays to stop and reassess the worth of continuing on this course. A lifetime spent working in an area where you don't get to rely on your strengths for the majority of the time will cause you a great deal of stress and disharmony and can prevent growth and enjoyment of your career. A good career will, on the whole, have you working to your strengths.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account BenefitThere is no better way to know whether or not the career is for you than to just pitch in and get your hands dirty. It's much more likely to happen if you take on such roles without payment, especially where the employer understands your motivations. If you can handle the work thrown to you and still want more, you're likely to be onto a winner. Moreover, the network contacts built up during volunteer experiences are priceless.
Parents, teachers, friends, careers counselors - all of them tend to mean well but they're not you. It's you who has to feel comfortable with the cloak you wear, the boots you strap on, and the daily routine that you adapt to. Nobody else can truly know what works for you. Also, don't be put off by stories from people who have nothing to do with your career but have a bag of hearsay to feed you, both good and bad. The same principles apply to a change of career, something that happens often in mid-life but can also happen early on, or even much later. As with making your first decision, having the right information at your fingertips is crucial, including information about the acceptance by the industry or business in question of taking on someone in your position. Again, don't listen to other people's stories; you can rely more on those who actually work still in the particular career you intend to switch to, but even then, they cannot fully comprehend what you might bring to a new career with your previous experience in tow.
Submit Your Comments:
- ঢাবিতে জনসংখ্যা বিজ্ঞানে ৩ মাস মেয়াদী ডিপ্লোমা কোর্সে ভর্তি
- নির্মাণ শিল্পে দক্ষতা তৈরিতে বিএসিআই ও ব্রাকের যৌথ প্রশিক্ষণ কর্মসূচী
- EWU offer Post Graduate Diploma in Leather and Footwear Management
- মাস্টার্স ১ম পর্ব পরীক্ষার ফরম পূরণের নতুন বিজ্ঞপ্তি প্রকাশ
- ঢাবির আধুনিক ভাষা ইনস্টিটিউটে আরবি, ইংরেজী এবং ফরাসি ভাষা কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- 24 weeks long ACBA course offers by IBA, DU
- উন্নত কারিগরি দক্ষতাসম্পন্ন জনশক্তি সৃষ্টির লক্ষ্যে বিটাকের প্রশিক্ষণ
- IBA, DU Offering six week long certificate course on AFNA
- জাপান সরকারের মেক্সিট বৃত্তির জন্য মনোনীতদের তালিকা প্রকাশ
- গার্মেন্টস শিল্পে দক্ষতা বৃদ্ধিতে বিনামূল্যে প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে বিকেএমইএ
- যুব উন্নয়ন অধিদফতরের অধীন বিভিন্ন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি বিজ্ঞপ্তি
- বিনা খরচে নারীদের বিভিন্ন প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে দিনাজপুরের 'মহিলা হস্তশিল্প ও কৃষি প্রশিক্ষণ কেন্দ্র'
- বাকৃবিতে ঈদের ছুটি শুরু আগামী ৩১ মে
- মাদ্রাসা শিক্ষার্থীদের জন্য উগ্রবাদ বিরোধী রচনা প্রতিযোগিতার আয়োজন ডিএমপি'র
- হাবিপ্রবিতে রমজান, গ্রীষ্মকালীন ও ঈদুল ফিতরের ছুটি শুরু