Chinese Government Scholarship Program
Chinese Government Scholarship Program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between the Chinese government and the governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship Program.
1. According to the regulations stipulated by MOE, all undergraduate programs for international students are instructed in Chinese. Applicants with no command of Chinese are required to take the college preparatory courses for one to two years before pursuring major studies. And only by passing the examinations of the college preparatory courses could they start their university studies.
2. Certain Chinese HEIs conduct some postgraduate programs and non-degree courses for general and senior scholars in English. Please check Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program or visit the website of CSC for details.
3. Scholarship students should complete their study within the set time; duration for scholarship specified in the Admission Notice cannot be extended in principle.
Applicants shall apply to Chinese diplomatic missions or dispatching authorities between January and April every year. Applicants may contact the above authorities for application details.
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for Chinese language training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35.Chinese language is the only subject available.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45. All subjects including Chinese language are available.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
VALUES OF SCHOLARSHIP
1. Full Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials; and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;v – Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China;
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the institution’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Fee for basic learning materials only covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution .Other textbooks and materials shall be self-afforded.
3) Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Undergraduates & Chinese language students: CNY 1,400 Yuan
- Master’s degree students & general scholars: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students & senior scholars: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount of that month. Students upon graduation will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the following month after the students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon their return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4) New students will get a one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
- CNY 1,000 Yuan for new students who will study in China for less than one academic year
- CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above
5) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals entrusted by the institution. The students are to cover a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s regulations.
6) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the entrusted medical assistance agencies provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. For scholarship student, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company.
7) One-off inter-city travel subsidy (each for coming-in and leaving China)
A hard-seat train ticket (hard-berth train ticket for overnight trip) will be provided for scholarship students traveling. From the port of entry upon registration to the city where the admitting institution or Chinese language training institution or preparatory education institution is located; From the Chinese language training institution or the preparatory education institution to the city where the university for major study is located; From the city where the institution is located to the nearest port for departure upon graduation. Meal and excess of baggage should be self-afforded. In principle, the port of entry is Beijing, or a port of entry near where the university is located.
2. Partial Scholarship
One or several items of full scholarship (one-off settlement subsidy and one-off inter-city travel allowance excluded). শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- ইউল্যাবের পঞ্চম সমাবর্তন ২৫ ফেব্রুয়ারী
- 3D in Animation Certificate Course offer by CSE, DU
- BIM Training Courses in February 2019
- ন্যাশনাল হোটেল এন্ড ট্যুরিজম ইন্সটিটিউটে বিভিন্ন সার্টিফিকেট কোর্সে ভর্তির আহ্বান
- ঢাবিতে আরবি ভাষা শিক্ষা কোর্সে আবেদন শুরু
- ঢাবিতে সামাজিক বিজ্ঞানে উচ্চতর গবেষণা পদ্ধতি বিষয়ক প্রশিক্ষণ
- রবীন্দ্র বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের স্নাতক ভর্তির বিষয়ক্রম পছন্দের ফরম ওয়েবসাইটে
- মেডিক্যালের ৩য় দফায় মাইগ্রেশন এবং অপেক্ষামান তালিকা থেকে ভর্তি শুরু ৯ জানুয়ারি
- জাবির তৃতীয় ধাপে ভর্তি নিশিচিকরণের পর শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির আবেদন গ্রহণ ৯ জানুয়ারি
- ক্যাটারিং পেশায় দক্ষতা বৃদ্ধিতে বিমান ফ্লাইট ক্যাটারিং সেন্টারের প্রশিক্ষণ
- বিজ্ঞান ও শিল্প গবেষণা পরিষদের অধীন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি
- রবীন্দ্র বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের স্নাতক ভর্তি সাক্ষাৎকার ১৩ ও ১৪ জানুয়ারি
- Admission Announcement on FRS Training at DU
- বাংলা একাডেমীর ৮৬তম কম্পিউটার প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তির আহ্বান
- মাস্টার্স নিয়মিত ভর্তির রিলিজ স্লিপে আবেদন শুরু ৭ জানুয়ারি