2014/2015 DAAD Scholarships
The DAAD scholarship aims to fund and support foreign students, graduates, doctoral students, and young and early-stage researchers from developing countries who wish to study selected courses in a German university. The Scholarship Covers any of the following:
* Postgraduate courses for professionals from developing countries at German institutions of Higher education
* Duration: 12-24 months, depending on the particular institution
* Internationally recognised Master's degree
* Includes German Universities and "Fachhochschulen" (Universities of Applied Science)
* Support of selected programmes with a variety of full or partial scholarships
* Funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development) but admission is also open to self-financed participants or students financed through government or other sources
* Academic year 2014/2015
Prerequisites and Requirements
1. Prerequisites and Requirements Selection criteria and procedures for DAAD scholarship recipients ensure that
* priority target candidates have proven, development-related motivation and can be expected to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their careers, acting as agents of change who stimulate and support development in their personal and professional surroundings (motivation, commitment to development),
* the candidates have the professional and academic qualifications necessary to ensure successful completion of the degree programme in Germany (final scores on previous academic examinations, language skills),
* women and candidates from disadvantaged groups who meet the required academic and professional standards and show proven commitment to development-related issues are especially targeted for programme admission.
* targeted for programme admission.
a) The typical scholarship holder:
* works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country (according to the DAC list of the OECD) and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
* holds a Bachelor's degree (4 years) in a related subject.
* has completed an academic degree with far above average results and at least two years of related professional experience.
* is no older than 36 (for some courses the age limit is 32), respectively his/her academic degrees should normally not be more than 6 years old. Concerning a possible age limit, please refer to the course details on the following pages.
b) Language skills:
* For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly recommended.
* Exception: Candidates for some German-speaking or bilingual courses need a very good command of German at time of application. For detailed information see the relevant course introduction on the following pages.
* Note: It is not possible to pass the required German language courses (DSH or TestDaF) without any previous basic knowledge in the German language (at least A.2.1 Level), even with the preceding six-month, intensive course in Germany. Passing the language test is a formal prerequisite for graduating from the German university
* For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
c) Proof of current work situation: All applicants should state their current work situation at the time of application and submit the following proof: Certificate(s) of employment that include the exact position and period of employment; a letter of reference from the employer(s), ideally guaranteeing re-employment after completion of the postgraduate course in Germany.
d) Statement of motivation: Applicants must submit a statement of motivation explaining why they are interested in attending a particular postgraduate course with reference to their current employment.
e) Application formalities: If you have no private financial resources or cannot obtain a scholarship from your government, company or an international organisation, you may apply for a DAAD scholarship – either full or partial. DAAD application forms are available from the German Embassies, the DAAD offices abroad, directly from the University or on the DAAD website. Applications from Cameroon, Myanmar and Nigeria must be submitted via the German Embassy. Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate, as well as 2 address labels written in Chinese characters with their application documents. Please be sure to address applications sent to the DAAD directly to DAAD Section 431! Required documents (in the following order):
* DAAD application form (http://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/en/deutschland/formulare/forschungsstipendium_en.pdf)
* hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
* hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
* research exposé (if required by university)
* academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
* professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
* confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
* Proof of language abilities: - English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted) – German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- 'ইসলামী শিক্ষা'র ওপর বিভিন্ন কোর্সে অংশগ্রহণের জন্য বাংলাদেশীদের আহ্বান ইরানের
- ঢাবিতে জনসংখ্যা বিজ্ঞানে ৩ মাস মেয়াদী ডিপ্লোমা কোর্সে ভর্তি
- নির্মাণ শিল্পে দক্ষতা তৈরিতে বিএসিআই ও ব্রাকের যৌথ প্রশিক্ষণ কর্মসূচী
- EWU offer Post Graduate Diploma in Leather and Footwear Management
- মাস্টার্স ১ম পর্ব পরীক্ষার ফরম পূরণের নতুন বিজ্ঞপ্তি প্রকাশ
- ঢাবির আধুনিক ভাষা ইনস্টিটিউটে আরবি, ইংরেজী এবং ফরাসি ভাষা কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- 24 weeks long ACBA course offers by IBA, DU
- উন্নত কারিগরি দক্ষতাসম্পন্ন জনশক্তি সৃষ্টির লক্ষ্যে বিটাকের প্রশিক্ষণ
- IBA, DU Offering six week long certificate course on AFNA
- জাপান সরকারের মেক্সিট বৃত্তির জন্য মনোনীতদের তালিকা প্রকাশ
- গার্মেন্টস শিল্পে দক্ষতা বৃদ্ধিতে বিনামূল্যে প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে বিকেএমইএ
- যুব উন্নয়ন অধিদফতরের অধীন বিভিন্ন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি বিজ্ঞপ্তি
- বিনা খরচে নারীদের বিভিন্ন প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে দিনাজপুরের 'মহিলা হস্তশিল্প ও কৃষি প্রশিক্ষণ কেন্দ্র'
- বাকৃবিতে ঈদের ছুটি শুরু আগামী ৩১ মে
- মাদ্রাসা শিক্ষার্থীদের জন্য উগ্রবাদ বিরোধী রচনা প্রতিযোগিতার আয়োজন ডিএমপি'র