IBA, DU Admission Test Preparation
The degree of MBA that the Institute of Business Administration, Dhaka University (IBA-DU) offers is highly regarded as a professional qualification in the job market. Every year a few thousand applicants apply for the degree against around 200 seats in this premier institute of the country.
This year MBA admission test is expected to be held on November. Since the admission test will be a very competitive one, admission seekers need to perform very well in the exam if they want to ensure their seats.
The MBA admission test is divided into two phases: written test and then those who will qualify will sit for the viva test.
The full marks for the written test is usually 100 and duration is two hours.
The test paper usually consists of three parts: mathematics (30 marks), analytical ability (20 marks) and language (50 marks).
Mathematics: This section will consist of MCQ questions from basic arithmetic, algebra and geometry. Usually 30 marks is allocated for this section and there will be 30 questions. You need to be very prompt in answering the questions. There will be five options, A, B, C, D and E. You do not have to do the sums. You have to select the right options rather. The more you will practise, the better you will develop your power of guessing and that will help you choose you choose the right option.
Analytical ability: This section usually consists of 15 questions for 20 marks. You need to be good at critical reasoning and puzzles. If you solve the problems that are given in the GMAT and GRE, you will feel at ease in dealing with the questions. Also you need to solve question papers from the past years, you may get them in the Saifur's MBA guide. The more you will practice these, the less you will be puzzled in the exam hall. You can do rough works on the questions papers and thus can come to a decision promptly.
Language: This section is usually divided into two parts: one for the MCQ part, another for free writing part. There is usually 30 marks for 30 MCQs. You will need to study books like TOEFL and GMAT in order to better answer the questions. Also you will need to have a good mastery over English language. Reading variety of articles-on science, literature and business will be helpful for you to understand the 'comprehension passages'. As for the free-writing part, for which 20 marks is allocated, a habit of writing on various issues will be helpful. You need to know how to write on a topic readily and in a very short time.
Time pressure is a major challenge for the MBA admission test. You need to be very prompt from the very beginning of the exam. You may leave the difficult questions and come back to them at your convenient time.
Many candidates do not understand which section to attend first and which one to attend last. This entirely depends on the examinees. Since the brain remains cool at the beginning of the exam, they can start with mathematics or analytical ability since these sections needs full concentration. Usually it is difficult to attempt these sections towards the end of the exam since there might be time pressure. You will have a better understanding about prioritization if you appear in some mock tests in a good coaching centre or in a group of students who are sitting for the exam.
All applicants must have completed the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) or their equivalents in any field of study. However, if an applicant has taken the O-Level examination, he/she must have passed at least 5 (five) subjects (including mathematics). In case of A-Level examination, an applicant must have passed at least 3 (three) subjects. It is important to note that applicants with O-level and A-level certificates must have at least D grade in all subjects.
* Letter grades of O - Level and A - Level subjects are converted to grade points (A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1). Grade Point Average (GPA) is calculated by averaging the grade points of the five best grades for O-level and the two best grades for A-Level.
For all other certificates, equivalence will be determined by the Equivalence Committee of IBA.
For more information please visit this link - IBA, DU. শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
More detail about
Institute of Business Administration, DU
Submit Your Comments:
- হাবিপ্রবিতে রমজান, গ্রীষ্মকালীন ও ঈদুল ফিতরের ছুটি শুরু
- ২০১৬ সালের ডিগ্রী পাস ও সার্টিফিকেট কোর্স পরীক্ষার ফল প্রকাশ
- অনার্স ২য় বর্ষ পরীক্ষার ফল প্রকাশ আজ
- ICMAB offers July -December'19 session
- জাতীয় ফল প্রদর্শনী উদযাপন উপলক্ষ্যে শিক্ষার্থীদের রচনা ও চিত্রাঙ্কণ প্রতিযোগিতা
- ২য় বর্ষ ডিগ্রি পাস ও সার্টিফিকেট কোর্স পরীক্ষার সময়সূচি প্রকাশ
- জাতীয় গণমাধ্যম ইনস্টিটিউটের অধীন পিজিডি ইন ব্রডকাস্ট জার্নালিজমে ভর্তি
- ঢাবিতে গ্রীষ্মকালীন অবকাশ ও ঈদুল ফিতরের ছুটি শুরু
- বিআইজিএমে সংক্ষিপ্ত কোর্সে ভর্তি কার্যক্রম শুরু
- শাবিপ্রবির আবাসিক হল বন্ধ ২৪ মে
- জবিতে ঈদ ও গ্রীষ্মের ছুটি শুরু রবিবার
- C.S July-December, 2019 admission notice at ICSB
- বিআইএমের ঢাকা ক্যাম্পাসে ৬ মাস মেয়াদী ডিপ্লোমা কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- শাবিপ্রবিতে গ্রীষ্মকালীন অবকাশ, পবিত্র রমজান ও ঈদুল ফিতরের ছুটি শুরু
- এমফিল-পিএইচডি প্রোগ্রামে ভর্তি পরীক্ষা ১৫ মে