SAT Test - Tips for Success
The SAT is a standardized test for college admissions in the United States. The SAT is owned, published, and developed by the College Board, a nonprofit organization in the United States. It was formerly developed, published, and scored by the Educational Testing Service which still administers the exam. The test is intended to assess a student's readiness for college. It was first introduced in 1926, and its name and scoring have changed several times. It was first called the Scholastic Aptitude Test, then the Scholastic Assessment Test, but now SAT does not stand for anything, hence it is an empty acronym.
The current SAT Reasoning Test, introduced in 2005, takes three hours and forty-five minutes to finish, and costs $50 ($81 International), excluding late fees. A candidate can pay that fees using a credit card. If you don't have any credit card, however, in Bangladesh, Eduicon.com gives the credit card services for different tests like as IELTS, SAT, GRE etc. For info you can visit this page - Credit Card Services. On the other hand, Possible scores range from 600 to 2400, combining test results from three 800-point sections (Mathematics, Critical Reading, and Writing).
Some tactics you should follow to pass the SAT Test. We suggest to follow this -
* Study and review each SAT section direction now. Use the your alloted time for the test to work on the SAT questions.
* Go through the each section and answer all of the questions you know the answers to first. Mark all the questions you don't immediately know the answer to and return and answer them later.
* If you're able to eliminate even on choice for the selection of possible answers then guess.
* Don't be sloppy when filling in the answer grid for student-produced response questions.
* Since you're allowed to write in the test book, cross out answers you know are wrong and do scratch work.
* Since a machine scores your test, make sure not to put any stray marks on your answer sheet. SAT scoring machines frequently can't differentiate between a correct answer and an accidental stray mark.
* Your first response to a question is usually correct. Don't change an answer unless you're certain you've made an error.
* Only select one answer for each question - as there is only one correct answer.
* If you don't have any idea what the answer is then skip it. You're aren't penalized for not answering questions.
* SAT tests are scored differently than other types of standardized tests. Make sure you understand how they are scored. You get one point for every correct answer. You lose a fraction of a point for each question you answer incorrectly. You don't lose any points for questions that you don't answer and you don't lose any points for incorrect answers in the math section's student-produced response questions.
* Make sure you're placing placing your answers in the correct number space and section on your answer sheet. Its easy to place your answer in the wrong place if you're not paying close attention.
* Pace yourself! This test is timed. Only spend a few moments on the easy questions and no more than a minute or two on the harder questions. Don't forget that the SAT consists of several small, timed, tests. Its easy to loose track of time so make sure to pay attention to how much time is alloted for each test and how much time is remaining as you proceed through each section. Pacing yourself requires practice so practice, practice, practice.
* A rule of thumb is that easy questions harder questions.
* Make sure that you fully understand each question before you answer it. If you've taken a lot of practice tests you'll be tempted to answer questions you recall from practice tests. Make sure to answer the questions asked and not those from practice tests.
* Don't forget to bring your own stop watch to the testing center. There isn't always an accurate clock at the testing center.
* You need to know the types of questions to expect on the SAT. There are 19 sentence completion, 40 reading comprehension, 35 math multiple-choice and 10 student-produced response questions. শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- আল-আজহার বৃত্তির জন্য মনোনীতদের মৌখিক পরীক্ষা ২৩ জুলাই
- ২য় বর্ষ ডিগ্রি পাস ও সার্টিফিকেট কোর্সের স্থগিত পরীক্ষার নতুন সংশোধিত সময়সূচি
- সরকারি-বেসরকারি পলিটেকনিকে শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির আহ্বান
- আন্তর্জাতিক হিফ্য ও ক্বিরাত প্রতিযোগিতায় নারীদের অংশগ্রহনের আহ্বান
- 'স্টেপেন্ডিয়াম হাঙ্গেরিকাম প্রোগ্রাম' বৃত্তির জন্য নির্বাচিতদের তালিকা প্রকাশ
- চার বছর মেয়াদী সরকারি কৃষি ডিপ্লোমায় ভর্তি আবেদন শুরু হয়েছে
- NSU offers CJP Course in Fall'19
- ইউএপি'র ৯ম সমাবর্তন ৩১ জুলাই
- Admission Announcement on FRS Training of 2nd Batch at DU
- বাংলাদেশ বিজ্ঞান ও শিল্প পরিষদে প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি
- গাইবান্ধা জেলার দরিদ্র শিক্ষার্থীদের বৃত্তি প্রদান করবে নাহিদ ফাউন্ডেশন
- A Four-Friday Course On DMC Offer By IBA, DU
- সম্পূর্ণ সরকারি খরচে মোটরযান ড্রাইভিং ও রক্ষণাবেক্ষন প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে সেইপ
- ঢাবিতে আরবি বিভাগে 'বেসিক এরাবিক' কোর্সে ভর্তি কার্যক্রম শুরু
- Training Course on Data Analysis at DU