Australian Development Scholarship - Eligibility & Crieteria
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) are long term development awards administered by AusAID. ADS aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia's partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by ADS develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) are scholarships for international students who want to study in Australian Universities. Scholarship holders are required to return to their country of citizenship for two years after they have completed their studies to contribute to the development of their country.
Up to 1000 Australian Development Scholarships are awarded each year across 31 countries with scholarships awarded equally between men and women. The number of scholarships and fields of study are determined annually by each ADS participating country and in accordance with the Australian Government's bilateral development assistance program. Some countries may limit the level of study (technical, undergraduate or postgraduate) and give priority to certain fields of study to better meet development needs and Australia's specific aid objectives for each country.
ADS are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
* Full tuition fees
* Return air travel-payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
* Establishment allowance-a once only payment of $5,000 as a contribution towards as accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
* Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by AusAID. From 1 January 2012, CLE payable to Scholars studying under an ADS is $28,000 per year.
* Introductory Academic Program (IAP)-a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia.
* Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)-provided to cover the student's basic medical costs (with the exception of pre existing conditions).
* Pre-course English (PCE) fees-if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
* Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar's academic success or enhance their academic experience.
* Fieldwork (for research students only)-may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Eligibility & Criteria
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
a. be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
b. be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on AusAID's Scholarship website) and be residing in and applying for the Scholarship from their country of citizenship
c. not be married or engaged to or be a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any of the application, selection or mobilization phases or while on-scholarship in Australia
Note: Residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for an AusAID 576 student visa.
d. not be current serving military personnel
e. not be applying for another long-term AusAID scholarship unless they have returned to their home country and resided there* for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous Scholar who has been on AusAID scholarship/s in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another AusAID scholarship until they have been home for eight years)
f. not hold or have held an Australian Government-funded scholarship (e.g. Endeavour Award) in the preceding two years, at the time of application
g. satisfy any specific criteria established by the applicant's country and/or government of citizenship
h. be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the Scholarship is to be undertaken (this may mean that Post will need to withdraw a Scholarship offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution's admission requirements. This may not be known until Post requests a placement at selected institutions)
i. be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for an AusAID Student Visa 576 (this may mean that Post will need to withdraw a Scholarship offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements)
Most applications will open on 1 February 2013. If you intend to apply, you must read the Scholarships handbook.
For more information about this scholarship please visit - AUSAID Home Page. শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- আল-আজহার বৃত্তির জন্য মনোনীতদের মৌখিক পরীক্ষা ২৩ জুলাই
- ২য় বর্ষ ডিগ্রি পাস ও সার্টিফিকেট কোর্সের স্থগিত পরীক্ষার নতুন সংশোধিত সময়সূচি
- সরকারি-বেসরকারি পলিটেকনিকে শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির আহ্বান
- আন্তর্জাতিক হিফ্য ও ক্বিরাত প্রতিযোগিতায় নারীদের অংশগ্রহনের আহ্বান
- 'স্টেপেন্ডিয়াম হাঙ্গেরিকাম প্রোগ্রাম' বৃত্তির জন্য নির্বাচিতদের তালিকা প্রকাশ
- চার বছর মেয়াদী সরকারি কৃষি ডিপ্লোমায় ভর্তি আবেদন শুরু হয়েছে
- NSU offers CJP Course in Fall'19
- ইউএপি'র ৯ম সমাবর্তন ৩১ জুলাই
- Admission Announcement on FRS Training of 2nd Batch at DU
- বাংলাদেশ বিজ্ঞান ও শিল্প পরিষদে প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি
- গাইবান্ধা জেলার দরিদ্র শিক্ষার্থীদের বৃত্তি প্রদান করবে নাহিদ ফাউন্ডেশন
- A Four-Friday Course On DMC Offer By IBA, DU
- সম্পূর্ণ সরকারি খরচে মোটরযান ড্রাইভিং ও রক্ষণাবেক্ষন প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে সেইপ
- ঢাবিতে আরবি বিভাগে 'বেসিক এরাবিক' কোর্সে ভর্তি কার্যক্রম শুরু
- Training Course on Data Analysis at DU