What Highly Effective Students Do!
Some people believe that really successful students are just born that way. True, some students are able to breeze through school with little or no effort. However, the vast majority of successful students achieve their success by developing and applying effective study habits. The following are the top 10 study habits employed by highly successful students. So if you want to become a successful student, don't get discouraged, don't give up, just work to develop each of the study habits below and you're see your grades go up, your knowledge increase and your ability to learn and assimilate information improve.
1. Don't try cram all your studying into one session.
Successful students typically space their work out over shorter periods of time and rarely try to cram all of their studying into just one or two sessions. If you want to become a successful student then you need to learn to be consistent in your studies and to have regular, yet shorter, study periods.
2. Plan when you're going to study.
Successful students schedule specific times throughout the week when they are going to complete their studying -- and then they stick with their schedule. Students who study sporadically and whimsically typically do not perform as well as students who have a set study schedule.
3. Study at the same time.
Not only is it important that you plan when you're going to study but that you also create a consistent, daily study routine. When you study at the same time each day and each week you're studying will become a regular part of your life. You'll be mentally and emotionally more prepared for each study session and each study session will become more productive.
4. Each study time should have a specific goal.
Simplying studying without direction is not effective. You need to know exactly what you need to accomplish during each study session. Before you start studying set a study session goal that supports your overall academic goal (i.e. memorize 30 vocabulary words in order to ace the vocabulary section on an upcoming Spanish test.)
5. Never procrasitinate your planned study session.
Its very easy, and common, to put off your study session because of lack of interest in the subject, because you have other things you need to get done first or just because the assignment is hard. Successful students DO NOT procrastinate studying. If you procrastinate your study session, your studying will become much less effective and you may get everything accomplished that you need to. Procrastination also leads to rushing, and rushing is the number one cause of errors.
6. Start with the most difficult subject first.
As your most diffult assignment or subject will require the most effort and mental energy you should start with it first. Once you've completed the most difficult work it will be much easy to complete the rest of your work. Believe it or not, starting with the most difficult work will greatly improve the effectiveness of your study sessions and your academic performance.
7. Alway review your notes before starting an assigment.
Obviously, before you can review your notes you must first have notes. Always make sure to take good notes in class. Before you start each study session and before you start a particular assignment review your notes thoroughly to make sure you know how to complete the assignment correctly.
8. Make sure you're not disturbed whiles you're studying
When you're disturbed while you're studying you (1) loose your train of thought and (2) you get distracted -- both of which will lead to very ineffective studying. Before you start studying find a place where you won't be disturbed.
9. Use study groups effectively
Ever heard the phrase "two heads are better than one"? Well this can be especially true when it comes to studying. Working in groups enables you to (1) get help from other students when you're struggling to understand a concept, (2) complete assignments more quickly, and (3) teach others whereby helping both the other student and yourselve to internalize the subject matter. However, study groups can become very ineffective if they're not structured and if groups members come unprepared. Effective students use study groups effectively.
10. Review your notes, schoolwork and other class materials over the weekend.
Successful students review what they've learned during the week over the weekend. This way they're well prepared to continue learning new concepts at the beginning of each week that build upon previous coursework and knowledge acquired the previous week.
We're confident that if you'll develop the habits outlined above that you'll see a major improvement in your academic success.শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- ২য় বর্ষ ডিগ্রি পাস ও সার্টিফিকেট কোর্স পরীক্ষার সময়সূচি প্রকাশ
- জাতীয় গণমাধ্যম ইনস্টিটিউটের অধীন পিজিডি ইন ব্রডকাস্ট জার্নালিজমে ভর্তি
- ঢাবিতে গ্রীষ্মকালীন অবকাশ ও ঈদুল ফিতরের ছুটি শুরু
- বিআইজিএমে সংক্ষিপ্ত কোর্সে ভর্তি কার্যক্রম শুরু
- শাবিপ্রবির আবাসিক হল বন্ধ ২৪ মে
- জবিতে ঈদ ও গ্রীষ্মের ছুটি শুরু রবিবার
- C.S July-December, 2019 admission notice at ICSB
- বিআইএমের ঢাকা ক্যাম্পাসে ৬ মাস মেয়াদী ডিপ্লোমা কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- শাবিপ্রবিতে গ্রীষ্মকালীন অবকাশ, পবিত্র রমজান ও ঈদুল ফিতরের ছুটি শুরু
- এমফিল-পিএইচডি প্রোগ্রামে ভর্তি পরীক্ষা ১৫ মে
- মাস্টার্স প্রথম পর্ব পরীক্ষার সময়সূচী প্রকাশ
- ডিগ্রি পাস ও সার্টিফিকেট কোর্স প্রথম বর্ষের পরীক্ষার তারিখ পরিবর্তন
- জাতীয় বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের স্থগিত পরীক্ষার নতুন সময়সূচী প্রকাশ
- বস্ত্র অধিদফতরে বিভিন্ন পদের নিয়োগের মৌখিক পরীক্ষা শুরু ২৩ মে
- রাবিতে পবিত্র রমজান ও গ্রীষ্মকালীন ছুটি শুরু বুধবার