IDB Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology (MSP)
The IDB Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology' (MSP) Programme was launched in 1413H (1992).
The objective of the programme is to develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.
The Programme offers scholarships for study and research at two levels: (i) 3-year Ph.D. study/ research, and (ii) 6-12 months of Post-Doctoral research.
The concept is to assist the needs of the IDB member countries and their institutions in developing high quality and hi-tech human resources in science and technology areas that they are lacking but crucial for their development.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following basic criteria:
* Age not over (a) 35 years for Ph.D. study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research;
* Attached to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in their respective country;
* Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the respective field;
* Demonstrate that the research proposal has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
* Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it.
Fields of Study
Fields of studies under the programme are determined by the priority needs of the country’s development in science and technology sectors and to supplement the IDB vision 1440H. Current focus is thus on the following fields of studies:
Health/medicine, Agriculture/Food production, Water Resources/ Desertification, Energy/Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology, Development-focused ICT, and pure Science subjects.
Place of Study
The selected candidates are to pursue their research and study at the top most reputable academic and research institutions worldwide.
The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
* All academic expenses
* Living allowances
* Health Insurance
* Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
* Conference Participation allowance
* Scientific Paper preparation allowance
* Computer allowance (for Ph.D. only)
* Family allowance (for Ph.D. only)
The Programme is announced through the IDB Governors' Offices in the countries concerned by the following annual time-table:
September - Announcement of the Programme December 31 - Deadline for submission of applications to IDB Governor's Office
How to apply
Applicants have to download an application form for 3-Year Ph.D. Study or application form for Post-Doctoral Research. The applications must be submitted through the nominating institutions to the Office of the IDB Governor for the country. It is the Office of the IDB Governor that will forward the applications to the IDB and not the individual applicants or the nominating institutions.
All the applications submitted to the IDB Governor's Office are to go through the following process:
* Screening by the IDB Governor's Office to forward to IDB the most eligible applications;
* In-house review at the IDB;
* Scientific and technical evaluation of eligible applications by a panel of external reviewers
composed of scientists and experts in their fields. * Final selection by the IDB.
Obligations of the Partners
Candidates awarded the scholarship must:
* Sign the Surety Bond stating their commitments to studies, to return to their countries upon completion and resume work in their home institutions;
* Devote themselves to their studies on a full-time continuous basis and provide the IDB with periodic reports on their academic
* Not seek or accept other scholarship or remunerated work during their studies, unless agreed to in writing by the IDB;
* Respect the laws of the country of study while maintaining good personal and professional conducts consistent with the objectives, rules & regulations of the programme and the overall mission of the IDB as an Islamic institution.
* To register with the Science Development Network (SDN) for continuous scientific/professional activities under the patronage of IDB.
As a partner in the joint effort with the IDB, the institutions nominating candidates are expected to:
* Nominate suitable candidates, assist them in all aspects of the documentation preparation and in securing the necessary endorsement from the Office of the IDB Governor for the country.
* Assist the selected scholars in preparation of their departure for study and place them on study-leave maintaining their pay-roll status.
* Help resettle them and support them in their research and equipment needs, on their return to the institution.
Offices of the IDB Governors
As the channel of announcement and initial processing of the applications, the Offices of the IDB Governors are expected to:
* Announce the Programme as widely as possible among the scientific and research communities in the country;
* Disseminate information and application forms to all relevant scientific and research institutions and interested scholars in the country;
* Screen and pre-process applications to ensure eligibility and completion of documentation against requirements;
* Pre-select and submit to the IDB only those who are most qualified and in the proposed fields of study that are most needed for the development of the country.
Community Development Support
To help scholars prepare themselves for their future leading role in the socio-economic and technological development of their societies and countries, the IDB also provides them with extra-curricular activities under a special programme called Community Development Programme (CDP) comprising the following two components:
* Post Study Activities (PSA): Since the graduates are the keys to the delivery of IDB objectives of socio-economic and technological development of their societies and countries, IDB supports them with a range of activities including formation of IDB Graduates Associations and monitoring their contribution to their society, institution and country. The Scholars are facilitated to enlist their names as consultants/experts for various capacity building and knowledge transfer programmes in IDB member countries under the IDB Technical Cooperation Programme (TCP).
* Capacity Building Activities (CBA): The graduates are eligible to participate in regional Community Development Workshops that are held in different countries as part of the Capacity Building Activities for partners of the IDB Special Assistance and Scholarship Programmes.
The day-to-day implementation of the Programme is undertaken by the IDB Scholarship Division under the guidance and supervision of the IDB Management. শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- মাস্টার্স শেষ পর্বের পরীক্ষা শুরু ৫ ফেব্রুয়ারি
- ঢাবির ইসলামিক স্টাডিজ বিভাগের ২য় পুনর্মিলনী ৯ ফেব্রুয়ারি
- NSU offers CEP Course in Spring'19
- IML, DU Offers Junior certificate & elementary Course
- ইউল্যাবের পঞ্চম সমাবর্তন ২৫ ফেব্রুয়ারী
- 3D in Animation Certificate Course offer by CSE, DU
- BIM Training Courses in February 2019
- ন্যাশনাল হোটেল এন্ড ট্যুরিজম ইন্সটিটিউটে বিভিন্ন সার্টিফিকেট কোর্সে ভর্তির আহ্বান
- ঢাবিতে আরবি ভাষা শিক্ষা কোর্সে আবেদন শুরু
- ঢাবিতে সামাজিক বিজ্ঞানে উচ্চতর গবেষণা পদ্ধতি বিষয়ক প্রশিক্ষণ
- রবীন্দ্র বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের স্নাতক ভর্তির বিষয়ক্রম পছন্দের ফরম ওয়েবসাইটে
- মেডিক্যালের ৩য় দফায় মাইগ্রেশন এবং অপেক্ষামান তালিকা থেকে ভর্তি শুরু ৯ জানুয়ারি
- জাবির তৃতীয় ধাপে ভর্তি নিশিচিকরণের পর শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির আবেদন গ্রহণ ৯ জানুয়ারি
- ক্যাটারিং পেশায় দক্ষতা বৃদ্ধিতে বিমান ফ্লাইট ক্যাটারিং সেন্টারের প্রশিক্ষণ
- বিজ্ঞান ও শিল্প গবেষণা পরিষদের অধীন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি